International Admission Requirements
The Admissions Committee specializes in evaluating educational systems from countries around the world and understands the differences from the U.S. educational system. Therefore, the Admissions Committee applies a holistic review process that incorporates many factors, including types of course offerings, advanced curriculums, grading practices, national exams, and national certifications in determining admissions.
黄色网站美女_亚洲成人在线视频_成人在线网 Please note that if you are an international applicant who has been studying in the U.S., you will be reviewed by the standards of a U.S. applicant studying in the U.S.
黄色网站美女_亚洲成人在线视频_成人在线网 To be considered for admission, you must have completed or are in the process of completing secondary school with a cumulative or overall grade point average (GPA) equivalent of B or higher. Focus will also be on the grades/marks you have received for Mathematics and Science courses.
If you have questions regarding the grading scale of your country, please contact the Office of Admissions.
Standardized Test Requirement
The SAT or ACT is required for admissions. However, there are many ways to substitute this requirement:
- International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma
- General Certificate of Education (GCE) A Level results
- Hong Kong Advance Level Examination (HKALE) results
- National college entrance exam results for your country (China Gaokao, for example)
- National qualification/credential awarded certificates (Australia HSC, India HSC, Germany Arbitur, New Zealand NCEA, for example)
Other factors that may be considered for substitution of the SAT or ACT:
- SAT or ACT not available in your country or the location of the SAT or ACT Testing Center in your area
- Overall excellent secondary school grades/marks
黄色网站美女_亚洲成人在线视频_成人在线网 If you have any questions regarding the test requirement, please contact the Office of Admissions.
English Proficiency Requirement
|Test||Score Required for Admission through English Language Institute (ELI)||Score Required for Admission (ELI Exempt)|
|IELTS (Academic Section)||5.0||7.0|
|EIKEN||Grade 2A, Grade Pre‐1, Grade 1||-|
Applicants may be exempt from taking English Proficiency Exams, see Exemptions
Applicants to UH Mānoa are expected to have completed certain requirements at their previous institution. Please review the requirements below.
Grade Point Average (GPA)
Cumulative Transfer GPA
If you do not have 24 transferable credits, admission will be based on both your college and high school work. You must meet the admission requirement for both freshman and transfer students. Please refer to the freshman admission process.
黄色网站美女_亚洲成人在线视频_成人在线网This is the minimum GPA requirement for international applicants transferring from an U.S. institution. Professional and certain other programs may require higher GPAs and additional prerequisite course work. Please check with the appropriate for more information.
黄色网站美女_亚洲成人在线视频_成人在线网All applicants must meet application deadlines set by the University. Incomplete or late applications will not be considered. Admission requirements are currently under review and are subject to change.
|TOEFL (if not exempt)||Minimum Score Required|
Certain students may be exempt from taking the TOEFL, see TOEFL Exemptions
UH Mānoa takes all your application materials into consideration when making an admissions decision. To apply for admission, please submit the following:
You may apply online. Please read the instructions carefully.
The application fee is nonrefundable and nontransferable and valid only for the semester indicated on the application. Please send a money order or check payable to the University of Hawaiʻi or download the credit card authorization form (PDF).
All official transcripts, examination certifications (e.g., General Certificate of Education) and other documents showing all high school and any completed post-secondary work must be submitted to the Office of Admissions. All official transcripts must be mailed directly by the institution or Ministry of Education to the Office of Admissions. Documents mailed or hand carried by you or anyone else will not be accepted as official or used for admission consideration.
Secondary school transcripts must include a list of courses taken and grades/internal marks received each year, class rank for the last four years of secondary school, and an explanation of the school's grading system. If transcripts with annual internal marks are unavailable directly from the school, you may photocopy your mark sheets or grade reports and have them certified by a school official who verifies that a transcript is otherwise not available.
黄色网站美女_亚洲成人在线视频_成人在线网 Post-secondary school transcripts must include a list of courses taken, grades/marks received, number of hours spent in each class per term, explanation of the school's grading system, and your rank in class. You may also be asked to provide course descriptions and a list of text books used in each course.
Photocopies of external examination certificates must be certified by a school or Ministry of Education official or issued by the examining board and be sent directly to the Office of Admissions.
黄色网站美女_亚洲成人在线视频_成人在线网 All documents must be in English or accompanied by an English translation that has been certified by a school or Ministry of Education official.
You must take either the SAT, the American College Test (ACT), or the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) and request that the results be forwarded to UH Mānoa. Our college codes are SAT/GRE 4867 and ACT 0902黄色网站美女_亚洲成人在线视频_成人在线网. Ask your school counselor for more information on testing locations and deadlines or visit the SAT website, ACT website, or GRE website. If the test is not available to you in your area, the SAT/ACT may be substituted. Please contact the Office of Admission for more information.
Undergraduate applicants who have earned 24 or more transferable semester credits at the time of application are not required to submit test scores. The credits must be from courses comparable to those offered at UH Mānoa (excluding English Language Institute and Second Language Studies courses) and have been taken at a recognized, regionally accredited college/university in the United States or an institution recognized by the Office of Admissions.
黄色网站美女_亚洲成人在线视频_成人在线网 The GRE can be taken when SAT or ACT tests are unavailable.
All applicants whose native language is not English must submit an official TOEFL score report from a test taken within the last two years. An official TOEFL score report must be sent directly from the Educational Testing Service to the Office of Admissions. Our college codes are institution 4867, department 00.TOEFL Exemptions
The following types of applicants are exempt from taking the TOEFL:
- Received a D or better grade for UH Manoa English 100 equivalent (as determined by the UH Manoa Office of Admissions).
- Received an SAT Critical Reading score of 520 or better.
- Received an ACT English + Reading score of 44 with no score below 20.
- Received an English Language Performance Test (ELPT) score of 950 or better (students attending U.S. high schools only).
- Received an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of 5.0 or better (must be academic section).
- Completed at least 3 years of high school in the U.S. at the time of application with a cumulative grade point average of 3.2 and SAT Critical Reading score of 460.
- Completed the last 6 years of secondary/post-secondary education in American Samoa.
- Meet any of the English Language Institute Placement Test Exemptions listed below.
黄色网站美女_亚洲成人在线视频_成人在线网 Refer to the for more information on testing locations and deadlines. Applications may be obtained by writing to Educational Testing Service, P.O. Box 899, Princeton, NJ 08541.
黄色网站美女_亚洲成人在线视频_成人在线网 If you are admitted and your native language is not English, you may be required to take the UH Mānoa English Language Institute placement test.English Language Institute Placement Test Exemptions
The following applicants are exempt from taking the ELI placement test:
- Native speakers of English.
- Received an SAT Critical Reading score of 540 or better.
- Received an ACT English + Reading score of 48 with no score below 21.
- Received a GRE Verbal Reasoning score of 151 or better.
- Received a Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score of 600 or more (paper-based) or a score of 100 or more (internet-based).
- Received an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of 7.0 or better (must be academic section).
- Completed 60 transferable semester credits with a GPA of 2.0 or better from a regionally accredited U.S. institution.
- Completed all degree coursework at and earned an Associate of Arts degree from a University of Hawaiʻi Community College.
- Completed the last 6 years of secondary/post-secondary education in Australia, Canada (except Quebec), Guam, Ireland, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, or the United States.
- Completed all degree coursework at and earned a Bachelor's or higher degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or a recognized college or university in any of the countries listed above (as determined by the UH Mānoa Office of Admissions).
Please use the instructions below to complete the Supplementary Information Form for International Applicants. Applications will be processed after all documents have been received by the deadline.
Sections A & B: Educational Information
International applicants, including U.S. citizens and permanent residents whose native language is not English, who were born outside the United States, or who graduated from a foreign high school must complete page 2.
Section C: Confidential Financial Information
All nonimmigrant students who are to be issued an I-20 or DS-2019 for their nonimmigrant visa (F and J) must complete this form and document that sufficient funds in U.S. dollars will be available for the duration of studies. Certification of Support and accompanying bank statements must be signed within the last six months.
University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa
Office of Admissions
2600 Campus Road, Room 001
Honolulu, HI 96822-2385
If you are not a U.S. citizen, are a non-native speaker of English, or have been educated in a country other than the United States, refer to the International Admission Process.
All applicants must meet application deadlines set by the University. Incomplete or late applications will not be considered. Admission requirements are currently under review and are subject to change.
|March 1st||Final Deadline|
|September 1st||Final Deadline|
We encourage all applicants to apply for priority consideration. Applying by this deadline increases your chance of receiving financial aid and student housing. Certain programs (e.g., nursing, social work, education, etc.) may have earlier admission deadlines. Please check with the appropriate department for more information. Late applications may be accepted after the final deadline